May 29th, 2015Richmond Youth Basketball League Opportunity
RICHMOND YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and maintaining of a citywide community centre basketball league for children and youth. The individual will liaise with City of Richmond, Association and Richmond School Board staff. They will also communicate and coordinate with coaches, referees, scorekeepers, site co-ordinators, parents and related service providers in order to fulfill the goals and objectives of the league. For information on the Richmond Youth Basketball League, please visit www.rybl.ca. Please note that this is not a City of Richmond position - South Arm Community Association will employ the successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities INCLUDE:
- Responsible for overall program coordination including the vision for future development
- Organize league games and practice schedules.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, evaluation and overall supervision of coaches/volunteers, game officials and site coordinators
- Liaise with City of Richmond Staff for Community Centre and School Board bookings
- Attend regular scheduled meetings with Supervisors, Coaches, Refs and Site Coordinators
- Implement required promotions and marketing strategies and solicit for sponsorship opportunities
- Communicate with parents and participants.
- Creating and monitor budget, maintain payroll.
- Keep inventory of equipment and supplies and place orders when necessary
- Maintain website and program information for the Leisure Guide
- Strong organizational, communication, and public relations skills
- Sport tournament/league organization experience
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Flexible working hours
- Valid Driver’s License and have regular access to a vehicle
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a criminal record check
- Basketball Coaching Certification
- Emergency Child Care First Aid or Standard First Aid and CPR Level B (or higher)
- Relevant post secondary experience
HOURS OF WORK
- Up to 25 hours per week September to June, minimal hours in July and August
- Evening and weekend work are required
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person to
South Arm Community Centre
8880 Williams Road
Richmond, BC V7A 1G6
Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 6pm.
South Arm Community Association thanks all applicants in advance for their interest.
Only those candidates under further consideration will be contacted.