U17 Provincial Team
For 2017, the U17 Provincial Team is for athletes born between 2000 and 2001. There will be 2 teams of each gender, comprised of U17 and U16 aged athletes.
Fee: $2500 A 2017-18 Basketball BC Athlete membership is required for participation - should have been purchased with SuperCamp registration
HEAD COACHES FOR 2017:
Canada Summer Games team - Carrie Watts
Provincial Development team - TBA
2017 Girls Provincial Team Information
Canada Summer Games team - Joe Enevoldson
Provincial Development team - David Lafontaine
- 12 male and 12 female athletes to British Columbia's U17 Canada Summer Games Teams; and
- 12 male and 12 female athletes to British Columbia's U17 Provincial Development Teams
Selected participants take part in additional training, skill development and represent BC in elite level competitions in Canada and additional NCAA sanctioned events in the U.S. Duration of the season and competition schedule will be made available when confirmed.
The final event of the U17 Provincial team season will be the 2017 Canada Summer Games which take place, July 28 - August 13 in Winnipeg. During this time, the Provincial Development teams will attend a tournament in Las Vegas.
- high quality instruction from top provincial coaches
- transportation and accommodation (arranged by Basketball BC) for all tournaments
- Under Armour Provincial Team apparel package and team uniforms
- Ministry of Education Athlete 12 External Sport Credits Program Certification
In addition, Basketball BC covers any participant costs (transportation from departure point, accomodation, and participant fee) incurred for the Canada Summer Games or National Championships. These costs ARE NOT included in the Provincial Team fee.
NOTE: Additional cost of transportation (to and from team departure/arrival points), accomodation, and food is the responsiblitiy of the individual particpants.
Please send refund requests to Sherry Sommerfeldt.