Partnering with Canada Basketball and the NBA, Basketball BC will proudly offer this youth development program to teach solid fundamental skills to young players.
Visit the Jr. NBA Page (by clicking on the logo above) for complete program info and visit the Basketball BC Jr NBA Page for programs running in BC.
- Provide entry-level basketball program for young children 5 to 7 years old
- Build a community of league organizers, parents, coaches committed to minor basketball
- Provide a fun, active and healthy learning environment
- Weekly 45 minute practices for 12 weeks
- Canadian Sport 4 Life/Long Term Athlete Development compliant
- Aligned with Canada Basketball's Developmental Pathway
- Curriculum has been developed by NBA Basketball Operations and a team of experts in child development and physical literacy, and basketball fundamentals
- Games will be modified to be age-appropriate, simple and fun
Equipment & Uniform
- Program will include age-appropriate equipment (smaller basketball and lowered adjustable hoops) and modified games
- Participants will receive a size-appropriate Spalding® Rookie Gear Basketball and NBA team branded t-shirt
How to Start Your own jr. nba program
- Contact Stephanie Rudnisky - email